In Aot, Hange Zoe is The 14th commander of Exploration Corps. She was previously a Squad leader . Also, She was the 4th Squadron’s commander. In addition, She did research on the titans, and was particularly interested in Eren Jaeger because he could transform into a titan.
APPEARANCE Hange Zoe Aot
Hange is a young, medium-sized woman with long brown hair. She wears her hair in a ponytail and her eyes are dark brown. Hange is often seen in the standard Scout Corps uniform.
Hange lost her left eye during the mission to retake Maria Wall. The explosion by the Colossal Titan caused Hange’s loss of vision. She now wears an eye patch.
May Also Like : Hannes Aot : Everything You Need To Know
PERSONALITY Hange Zoe Aot
Hange was passionate about her work. Hange was hyperactive and focused on her work, not about her safety. The soldiers seemed to forget her because of her lengthy talks about her work. She was once very animated.
She was driven by the titans, and would experiment on them even though she was easily moved. During one of her experiments, she broke down in tears at the pain she caused a titan.
He saw the titans differently than others, and sought new insights that often trumped traditional ideas. Hange still had concerns about the titans.
Hange cared deeply for humanity and her fellows. This was evident when she confronted pastor Nick over his cover-up. Hange grabbed him by the throat and held him there, explaining to him that many lives had been lost due to him and his religious group. She was also a strong advocate for Sina Wall.
Hange changed his passionate and hyperactive attitude after he became Scout Corps Commander. Hange also became more passionate, realizing Eren was having trouble after visiting his basement. He then covered it up with the excuse that Eren was “that age”, referring to adolescence. He did not hesitate to arrest Eren, and held him responsible for the casualties.
Hange, by sacrificing his life again after appointing Armin ARlert the new Commander, showed that initial passion, hyperactivity, and great happiness in those final moments to be close to hundreds upon titans.
SKILLS Hange Zoe Aot
Hange seems to enjoy using the Three Dimensional Maneuvering Equipment. She also shows that she can defeat titans easily, proving that she is an adept combatant. Her skills extend beyond combat. In addition, She is the leader of the Exploration Corps research section. She also excels in analytical skills when faced with difficult situations such as when she identified the weak points on the Titan Battleship. She also heads the Exploration Corps Research Department.
Also Like : Marco Bodt Aot : Everything You Need To Know
RELATIONSHIPS Hange Zoe Aot
Although they are both Exploration Corps partners, their relationship is difficult. Hange teases Levi on occasion and Levi refers to Levi as a rare specimen. They still trust each other and show loyalty to their ideals.
He can transform into a titan and she seems to be very grateful for that. It makes it easier for him to study titans.
While Hange initially seemed to hate him for his ideals which led him to hide the truth about the walls’ existence, he came to regard him as “his friend” and declared that he would take revenge by making everyone else suffer tenfold.
- A member of the First Internal Military Police Squadron. During the Scout Corps Ambush at Reiss Chapel Hange drove Kenny Ackerman through with one his blades and killed him instantly.
- Scouting Corps soldiers: To keep Levi Akerman safe Hange kills several Scouting Corps troops who are following him.
- Members of Jaegerist faction: To rescue the Azumabitos from death and to escape in the Plane. Hange joined other Alliance members to assassinate several Jaegerists guarding the dock.
- Hajime Isayama the author has left Hange’s gender up for interpretation. He told his publisher that “either way is fine.” He instructed Kodansha USA to not confirm any gender in their translation.  Kodansha removed the gender pronouns Hange from their translation, and clarified that Hange’s gender was up to the reader. Hange’s gender is up to the reader to interpret in anime and movies.
- Hange is a female with more feminine features in anime and live action films. In many official translations of manga and Spanish dubs, Hange is also referred to that way because it is impossible to avoid gender pronouns.
- Hange was ranked third in 2017’s popularity poll with 677 votes.
- Zoe, which means “life”, is a Greek name.
- Hange believes that Levi and she get along better than any other soldier in Exploration Corps. Hange is a member the Exploration Corps.
- During the Character Interview of Levi, Erwin, and Hange Levi was reported to have forced Hange to take a shower, rendering her unconscious.
- “Attack on Titan Final Manga Exhibition” showed that Hange was known as “Yamada Hanako” (Shan Hua Zi Yamada Hanako?). These same sketches show Mike Zacharius’s name as Yamada Taro, suggesting possible kinship.
Also Read : Dhalis Zachary Aot : Everything You Need To Know