Tarble, a Saiyan chatacter, makes his debut in Dragon Ball: Yo! (2008). Son Goku and his friends return! He is the youngest child of King Vegeta and the estranged younger brother to Vegeta. He is also the husband of a strange alien named Gure. Tarble and Vegeta are named after puns on “vege table“.
Like Vegeta, Tarble was also born on Planet Vegeta. His father King Vegeta ordered Tarble to be sent to a distant planet because he was not able to fight and be aggressive enough to become a Saiyan warrior. He is classified as a low-class Saiyan. He appears in Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return! Son Goku and His Friends Return! He meets Gure and marries him. This is similar to Goku marrying Chi, an Earth resident, and Vegeta marrying Bulma.
Come on Earth
Tarble and Gure fled Earth two years after Kid Buu’s defeat to find Vegeta’s help in defeating Abo and Kado. Tarble claims that they have become as powerful and as dangerous as their masters and have been terrorizing his house ever since. Abo and Kado chase Tarble and Gure to Earth with SaiyanPods.
Tarble and Gure meet Goku upon landing on Earth. They can see that he’s a Saiyan. Vegeta tells Tarble that he knows Tarble and calls him by his name. Tarble, however, identifies Vegeta his brother. This is surprising considering Vegeta’s inability to see Tarble. Tarble inspects Goku’s Scouter and informs him that his Power Level isn’t high enough to defeat Abo and Kado. Soon after, Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan. This makes Tarble realize that he doesn’t always have to rely on his scouter.
Vegeta asks for Vegeta’s help in fighting Abo and Kado. Goku and the others want to help too. They decide who will fight the incoming duo using radishes, with Trunks winning the battle. Gure wishes him good luck, which leads Vegeta to ask who she is. To Vegeta’s delight, Tarble introduces her to his wife.
After Abo and Kado arrive, they fight Trunks (and Goten), who joined at Goku’s playful urging. Tarble doesn’t do much else for the rest of the special and has no dialogue. To protect Gure from harm, he wraps his arms around Gure during Aka’s Super Whaha no Ha attack. Tarble last saw laughing at Mr. Videl recalls her father’s promise to be more humble after he thinks about returning his hotel using the Dragon Balls.
Afterward, Tarble and Gure went back to space. Vegeta’s younger brother, is mentioned in the movie Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods. Goku and his friends discover that they need a sixth Saiyan to complete the Super Saiyan God transform, but they don’t know how to get in touch with him.
Techniques and special skills
- Flight– Flying with Ki.
- The most basic form energy wave.
- Full Energy Wave Used in Raging Blast
- Super Energie Wave Volley Used in Raging Blast
- UFO Attack Tarble’s final attack in Raging Blast. Tarble summons his Spa Pod and attacks his opponent at high speed. Yo! Son Goku and his friends return! During their arrival on Earth, Tarble and Gure along with Gure set fire to a building in West City.
- Galick burst is Tarble’s signature attack during Raging Blast. This is Tarble’s Galick-named only technique.
- Energy Booster A Melee Attack Power Up is used in Raging Blast.
- Explosive wave Used in Raging Blast
- Wild Sense – Used in Raging Blast.
Who is Tarble and What Does He Look Like?
Tarble, a gentle and kind-hearted Saiyan, is similar to Goku’s mother Gine. King Vegeta is embarrassed to learn that he was a low-class Saiyan. He was exiled from the planet and survived Frieza’s destruction of his homeworld.
Tarble still has his tail but he doesn’t wrap it around his waist like other saiyans. This could indicate a lack of aggression. Although it is possible that he could transform into Great Ape form, it is not known if he can. Tarble is also very respectful of his older brother, despite their obvious differences.
Tarble is somewhat like Vegeta in that he ends up with an alien woman. Gure, however, is not as aggressive as Bulma. This shows that saiyans who are less aggressive may not choose stronger women than their counterparts.
Two henchmen from Frieza, Abo, and Cado attack his peaceful planet. He isn’t as skilled at fighting or strong as his older brother so he travels to Earth to seek help from other saiyans to protect his homeworld. Tarble claims he is as strong as Frieza but this is him before Goku defeated him, proving that the Z-Fighters have become far more powerful.
It is Trunks, Goten and Abo that defeat Cado and Cado in the final scene. This shows how powerful Tarble is compared to them. Whikle Goku, Vegeta and Abo finish the battle when Cado and Abo fuse together to become Aka. It’s possible that the children could have done the job themselves if given more battle experience. The possibility exists that they simply wanted the battle over as they were attending a party with other Z Fighters at the time.
He is not mentioned in any other series than Dragon Ball! The Return of Son Goku!. He is mentioned in Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods as an option to assist Goku to become a Super Saiyan God, but this idea is quickly rejected by Vegeta, who has no way of contacting him and doesn’t know where he resides.
Is Tarble Really Canon?
The status of Tarble in the Dragon Ball canon is a complex topic. The film Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku, and Friends! Technically, it is not canon in the anime series. Tarble is mentioned in the Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods movie, but not in the anime adaptation.
To complicate matters, Dragon Ball Super Broly also mentions Tarble. It is one of few movies that canon to the series. The movies are able to cover the basic story lines of anime but they canonize the entire series, not just the manga. Because both mediums can tell the same story, but with slight variations.
Even worse, just because Tarble is canon due to Dragon Ball Super mentioning his name, doesn’t mean the events in Dragon Ball The Return of Son Goku & Friends! are not canon. This means that Treble’s canon version could differ from the one we have seen.
Also Read:how old is vegeta?
- Although “Table” could be a translation of his surname, it is not used in official translation. This is likely because “Table” reminds us of furniture.
- Tarble is believed to be in his 30s in Yo! Son Goku and his friends Return !!. It should be noted, however, that Saiyans are still in their youth and primes longer than Humans. Goku has not changed much since he was 17. This could explain his teenage appearance. Vegeta’s shorter stature may also be genetic. His small stature may have been a contributing factor to his excommunication by the Saiyans, who saw little fighting potential in him.
Gure and Tarble in Yo!’s manga adaptation Son Goku and his friends return! !
- Tarble’s hair looks very similar to Adult Gohan in the movie. His hair is a manga adaptation of his older brother’s.
- Tarble appears to believe Vegeta defeated Frieza. He seems unaware of Goku’s role and who he is. He seems unaware of Frieza’s short return and final defeat on Earth.
- Tarble, the last remaining full-blooded Saiyan that has never transformed to a Super Saiyan, is seen shortly after he makes his appearance. He is also the only fullblooded Saiyan that has not died in the series.
- Tarble doesn’t wrap his tail around like the combat armor-wearing Saiyans, such as Raditz or Nappa. Instead, he lets it hang loose, much like Goku and Gohan.
- Vegeta is much less powerful than the average Saiyan and thus a disgrace for the royal bloodline. However, Vegeta has a good relationship with his younger brother Tarble. Tarble admires Vegeta’s fighting skills but Vegeta looks up to Vegeta. Vegeta may have cut some slack for his brother because Tarble admires his older brother and may also believe Vegeta defeated Frieza. This may also be due Vegeta’s new attitude about family.